Do you possess excellent customer service skills and are passionate about helping customers increase the energy efficiency of their homes? If your answer is yes, you may want to consider a career as a Certified Energy Advisor (CEA). So exactly what do they do?
Energy advisors conduct EnerGuide home evaluations and provide expert advice to homeowners wishing to increase the energy efficiency of their homes. They work with builders who wish to use energy rating systems in the planning and design stages of their new constructions. In order to become a certified NRCan energy advisor (CEA), you will have to complete mandatory training requirements and pass an exam. You must be able to demonstrate knowledge and expertise in:
- Residential construction practices for low-rise housing
- Energy efficiency renovation practices
- Residential building materials
- Residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Building science, including the principles of the “house as a system”
- Basic arithmetic and geometry, computer skills
- Good client relations
How can we help you achieve your certification?
We offer the following training that will prepare you to challenge the mandatory qualification exams:
- Foundation Level two-day training course
- Energy Advisor four-day training course
- Probationary files (site evaluations)
Once you have passed the exams, you are required to complete probationary files and be associated with a licensed service organization, such as VerdaTech Energy Management and Consulting.
If you are interested in becoming an EA and would like to register for the training sessions, please send an email with your contact information, your resume and details about your background and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. We anticipate to run quarterly training sessions if there is sufficient demand.