Energy Efficiency Alberta launches Home Energy Plan Rebate program for a variety of energy-efficient upgrades, including, but not limited to, insulation, windows, water heating, furnaces, home heating, etc. Additionally, you can qualify for a bonus rebate of $1,000 if you complete three or more upgrades that result in a minimum of 3GJ of energy savings each, within 18 months of completing your home energy evaluation.
How to participate:
- Contact us to schedule your EnerGuide Home Energy Evaluation. A rebate of $300 will be applied directly to the cost of your EnerGuide evaluation.
- We will assess the energy performance of your home. Our in-home consultation includes a complete review of the building envelope, mechanical systems, a blower door test to determine the location of major air leakage areas and energy modeling of all components to determine the energy efficiency of your home and which energy-efficient upgrades will work best for you and your budget.
- You will receive a custom report that includes your home’s current energy consumption and rating, recommended upgrades and applicable rebates two to three weeks after the date of the evaluation.
- You can choose to complete the recommended renovations with a registered contractor or on your own. If completing custom upgrades or do-it-yourself projects, a post-upgrade Energy Evaluation is required to determine the energy savings you have achieved.
The following upgrades qualify for rebates:
- ENERGY STAR windows
- Combined space and water heating systems
- Solar hot water heating
- Ground source heat pumps
Qualify for a $1,000 bonus rebate when you complete three or more eligible upgrades that result in a minimum of 3GJ of energy savings within eighteen months of completing your EnerGuide evaluations.
For more detailed information, visit efficiencyalberta.ca/homeenergyplan/
Contact us to book your evaluation.