There is current demand for more energy advisors on Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland area. We are looking for individuals interested in becoming an energy advisor who can service these areas.
How to become an Energy Advisor:
Energy advisors conduct EnerGuide home evaluations and provide expert advice to homeowners wishing to increase the energy efficiency of their homes. They work with builders who wish to use energy rating systems in the planning and design stages of their new constructions. In order to become a certified NRCan energy advisor (EA), you will have to complete mandatory training requirements and pass an exam. You must be able to demonstrate knowledge and expertise in:
- Residential construction practices for low-rise housing
- Energy efficiency renovation practices
- Residential building materials
- Residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Building science, including the principles of the “house as a system”
- Basic arithmetic and geometry, computer skills
- Good client relations
As an NRCan licensed service organization, we can help you on your path to become an energy advisor. For more information, visit our “Energy Advisor” page.