Energy Consultant – Edmonton & Calgary
We are looking for an individual who has an interest in energy efficiency and wants to help builders, homeowners, designers, and renovators reduce their carbon footprint and energy consumption.
The ideal candidate would be someone with experience in the industry or with an architectural technologist background and education.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Deliver residential EnerGuide V.15 energy assessment, this includes assessing energy performance and potential energy savings for homes, blower door testing, and providing advice to homeowners and builders on improving the energy efficiency of their homes
- 9.36 Code Compliance modeling
- Building Envelope Consulting and Troubleshooting
- Mechanical design (residential)
- Business Development
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to read blueprints
- A solid understanding of building science and house as a system concept
- Residential construction knowledge, including barrier systems, insulation, renewable energy, fenestration, and HVAC systems
- Strong arithmetic, geometry, and computer skills
- Will be required to complete and pass the Foundation and Energy Advisor exams as required by Natural Resources Canada
- Previous experience of modeling in HOT2000 software is an asset
- Must possess valid drivers license and clean driving record
- Must provide a clear criminal record check
To apply, please email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is current demand for more energy advisors on Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland area. We are looking for individuals interested in becoming an energy advisor who can service these areas.