ENERGY STAR® is a well known and internationally recognized brand and trusted symbol for identifying energy-efficient products, such as appliances. Since 2005, energy efficient homes can also be ENERGY STAR certified.
Why chose an ENERGY STAR® qualified home?
A new home that carries the ENERGY STAR certification is on average 20% more energy efficient than a home built to code, making it more environmentally friendly and saving you money in the long run.
Typical features of an ENERGY STAR qualified home include:
- Efficient heating and cooling systems that use less energy, reduce indoor humidity and improve the overall comfort of your home
- High-performance ENERGY STAR windows, patio doors and skylights keep the heat in during the winter and out during the summer.
- Walls and ceilings insulated beyond what is required by building code
- A variety of ENERGY STAR products which use less electricity by meeting strict technical specifications
- A heat or energy recovery ventilation system (HRV or ERV) ensures your home has controlled ventilation
VerdaTech is licensed through Natural Resources Canada to implement and deliver the ENERGY STAR® for New Homes standard. Contact us today for an evaluation.