CMHC Mortgage Loan Insurance Premium Rebate
Qualify for up to 25% refund on the mortgage loan insurance premium if you use CMHC insured financing to buy an energy-efficient home, purchase a house and make energy-saving renovations or renovate your existing home to make it more energy efficient. Visit CMHC’s website for information on how to qualify.
City of Edmonton “Spot the Difference” EnerGuide Rebate Program
- Is located in the City of Edmonton
- Is an existing home
- Is a single family detached, single family attached (duplex, triplex, quadruplex) or row housing unit not exceeding three stories
- Has been evaluated by a licensed Energy Advisor and received an EnerGuide label with a Gigajoule rating that has not been previously shared on the City of Edmonton’s EnerGuide for Homes Map
City of Medicine Hat – HAT Smart Rebates
- EnerGuide Rating for New Homes – $100 per gigajoule below the “typical new house” baseline to a maximum of $10,000
- ENERGY STAR Certified Clothes Dryer – $75 per qualified unit installed
- Air Sealing – up to $700
- $500 for 10% reduction in air leakage
- $600 for 20% reduction in air leakage
- $700 for 30% reduction in air leakage
- Solar Electric – $0.75/watt to a maximum of $5,000
Energy Efficiency Alberta currently offers the following rebates:
- Insulation – save up to $3,500
- Windows – save up to $1,500
- Tankless Hot Water Heater – save up to $1,000
NEW – Furnace with Electrically Commutated Motor (ECM)
From February 1, 2018 customers will be able to apply online for a $75 rebate on qualified furnaces with ECM that has been purchased on January 15, 2018 or after.
Residential and Commercial Solar Program
This program launched June 21, 2017, and is open to applications from homeowners, businesses and not-for-profit organizations for rebates on rooftop solar photovoltaic (PV) units on residential and commercial buildings, installed after April 15, 2017.
Applicants can expect rebates of up to 30% of eligible costs for residents and up to 25% for commercial and non-profit organizations.
Business, Non-Profit, and Institutional Energy Savings Program
This program incents organization to choose high-efficiency products. Organizations can apply for a rebate once approved high-efficiency heating or lighting products have been installed. The following products will be eligible in the first year:
- Efficient lighting products (LED T8s, LED bulbs, LED low/medium/high-bay fixtures, LED exterior fixtures, T5HO high-bay fixtures, occupancy controls, etc.)
- Efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment (commercial warm air furnaces, hot water commercial packaged boilers)
- Efficient water heating equipment (condensing water heaters, tankless water heaters)